Chicken wings and potatoes baked with Indian spices. Crispy on the outside, soft and juicy inside. It doesn’t get better than this!
- 20-24 Chicken Wings
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
For the marinate:
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 Tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or any oil of your choice)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven at 375 degree F or 190 degree C.
- Clean and pat dry chicken wings.
- Cut potatoes into cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinate into a paste (no need to add any water).
- Add 2/3rd of this paste to the chicken and 1/3rd of the paste to the potatoes and marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Grease a slatted baking tray for the wings so that the juices get collected at the bottom. This way the chicken stays crispier.
- Use a cooking spray on a flat baking sheet and spread the potatoes evenly.
- Bake both of these at the same time for 30 mins.
- At this point take both the chicken and potatoes out to flip them.
- Return them back to the oven and bake for another 10 mins or until the chicken looks cooked.
- Take the chicken out and rub some butter or ghee on both sides for a crispier wing. Return back to the over for another 10 mins. This step is optional.
- So after an overall cooking time of 50 mins your wings and potatoes are ready to enjoy.
- Squeeze some lemon on top. Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve with some green chutney. The potatoes go well with ketchup as well.
- If you don’t have an oven you can shallow fry the chicken and potatoes separately in a thick bottomed pan until they are crispy and the meat is cooked through.
- if you’re lazy then just bake them for 50 mins without removing from the oven after 30 mins.